It’s always fun to have a naughty cat at home. She can bring life to your life and décor your enjoyment with fun, amusements. But, sometimes, it can be the cause of trouble if her eating behavior remains below standard. That keeps a cat parent worried about what to do if a cat eats plastic? Or anything that is indigestible and harmful?
Simply, you should ask for help from a vet. If you are not sure what the cat had swallowed, then don’t push the cat to throw it up. Biologically, cats tend to throw up indigestible materials within 24 hours. If this biological law fails with your cat’s incident, don’t panic and immediately consult a vet.
Importantly, the incident’s time might not be favorable for you to immediately consult with a vet. This article will explain what to do if you can not consult a vet immediately in such worse case scenarios.
Check Out: What is the best thing to feed a sick cat?
What To Do If Your Cat Eats Plastic?
Cats have this odd fascination with plastic materials all the time, don’t they? It’s pretty cute watching our cats having fun with themselves and playing with plastic materials like plastic straws, plastic bags, bread bags, plastic wrappers, and whatnot.
But they cross the line and gobbles them up; it’s not cute anymore, is it? It might cause severe damage to our precious companion. Let’s see what we can do to help our cats if such situations arise.
- Do’s: If the piece of plastic your cat swallowed is small, then wait and observe his or her behavior and check his or her litter box to see if the plastic came out or not.
- Don’ts: Don’t panic; it will make your cat feel uncomfortable and panicked as well.
- Do’s: Wait at least 24 hours to see if your cat expelled the plastic out or not.
- Don’ts: Don’t force your cat to throw up.
- Do’s: Ask for advice from any nearby vet and ask them if your cat needs any dietary fiber supplement or not to help him or her move the plastic fast and quickly.
- Don’ts: If the plastic is large and you see that poking out of your cat’s anus or mouth, don’t even think about pulling it out. Because the chances are high that the plastic is most probably stuck in his or her digestive system, so if you pull that, it’s going to hurt your cat severely.
- Do’s: If the piece of plastic is large, instead of trying to do something wrong on your own, take your cat to a reliable vet.
What to do to stop your cat from eating plastic?
- Distraction: Distract their attention from plastic to other toys.
- Hiding the plastics: Try hiding the plastic materials from your cats.
- Bring unattractive plastics to use: If you inevitably need to use plastics, then buy the unattractive ones which will not attract your cat’s attention.
Why Do Cats Eat Paper?
It’s a usual sight where you watch your cats playing with papers and shredding them off. But when they cross the line and start to eat the papers, it gets concerning, right? There might be some reason behind this kind of behavior.
Pica Syndrome: The urge to swallow inedible objects is known as pica syndrome. If you notice such habits in your cat, like eating paper, contact a nearby vet and cure it.
How to help your cat stop it
- Change your cat’s diet with the help of the vet. Try to follow the vet’s advice properly.
- Keep any sort of paper away from your cat. Make sure your cat won’t get any paper in his or her grasp.
- Provide your cats with alternatives, something that won’t cause them any harm.
Why do Cat Eats Grass?
To be exact cat eating grass is no offense. Sometimes, it carries dietary benefits. But, be concern about the excessive likeness of grass. Let’s discuss a few points that will increase your cat parenting abilities.
Vitamin Richness: Grass is a natural source of different vitamins and minerals. These are important dietary supplements for cats. Obviously, naturally produced minerals are more efficient than chemically synthesized minerals. This sort of vitamins and minerals enhances absorption capabilities in the gut.
Laxative Benefits: Bowl movement plays an essential role in feed digestion. While eating grass cat attains extra laxative benefits. It smoothens up the GI tract of the cat’s bowl and enhances enzyme secretion. That dietary enzyme enhances feed digestion and improves cat health and growth.
Relieves Stomach Ache: As we have discussed earlier, grass can enhance bowel movements; like this, the secretory enzymes help in relieving upset stomach. It works as a natural healing agent. But we have to understand the bulk eating of any sort of feed can be harmful to cat’s health.
In this article, we have discussed the immediate response if a cat eats unwanted substances. It’s always advisable to consult a vet in case of any such events. If you can not get any emergency vet advice, then you can use our described methods to calm your cat and provide primary aids.